You Ready For This?
I was following the advice of people who didn’t know what they were talking about.
I know, it’s hard to know who to believe. One person swearing by the Paleo diet and then someone else telling you that meat will kill you. Your CrossFit friend tells you that you have to lift heavy weights while your runner friend says forget the heavy weights and just do cardio instead.
Oh man, information overload!!
Here’s what I’ve done. For the past 8 years I’ve dedicated my life to learning the science of exercise and nutrition, getting mentored by the smartest people I could find, and applying it to the real world by actually coaching other men to make positive changes in their lives.
The reality of getting back in shape as a dude in your 30’s or 40’s is different than when you’re 18.
I actually think it’s simpler to get in shape as a 35-50 year old. Yup, I said it. Sure, you don’t have all the testosterone kicking around your system like you did at 20, but there’s so much less mental bullshit you have to deal with.
No need to worry about impressing your classmates.
Or trying to figure how the hell to fit in.
Or dealing with the stress of navigating newfound adulthood.
Most likely, you were drinking alcohol on a much more frequent basis..I know I sure as hell was.
You probably weren’t sleeping that well either. All these things matter.
Of course, you most likely have a much fuller life right now. Your career demands early mornings and occasional late nights. You prioritize spending as much time as you can with your family. You have a busy social calendar. I get it.
But here’s the deal. You don’t need to change everything. It’s quite simple actually.
If you give me 3-6 months, 30 minutes of intense sweat every other day, and an open mind to making some small changes to your diet, you’ll walk away a new man.
No joke, a new fucking you. You 4.0 — Stronger, leaner, more confident and ready to do what you do best – kick ass.
The results have been astounding. I came to Nick asking for assistance with improving my speed, and agility for soccer. He put together a plan (morning training, nutrition, running) that accomplished these 2 goals as well as helping me shed an extra 15 lbs.
In the last 10 years I’ve tried numerous things to drop those 15. With Nick I was able to do it! As a result my clothes fit better, my confidence, and energy are through the roof.Patrick Tigue
I’ve worked with both trainers and dieticians in the past-but I’ve never worked with someone that really had a great grasp on both, and I think that was a real differentiator. In addition to the diet/workout relationship, we also looked further outside the box to look at other routines/patterns that may be pertinent to the overall discussion of health….Nick has given me the skills I need to be successful and I cannot thank him enough for that.Tim Harwood
I believe deep in my heart that we all have a certain greatness in us. Sometimes it takes a little digging, and a little poking around to find it. But transforming your body, getting in the best shape of your life is a hell of a place to start.
It’s where it all begins. And I’ll show you the way.
- 60-minute initial call to gather information and perform movement assessment to determine appropriate exercise program.
- Monthly exercise program designed specifically to your limitations and goals.
- Access to our online software where you can view workouts, see exercise videos, and chart progress.
- Access to Precision Nutrition ProCoach – a world-class habit based nutrition coaching system.
- A comprehensive nutrition analysis of what you are currently eating.
- Nutrition recommendations based on where you’re currently at.
- Strategies & protocols to make these eating changes easily executable.
- Three 30-minute calls per month to check in and game-plan for the week.
- Daily support and accountability from me, an expert Precision Nutrition Level 2 coach.
- Care package filled with over $200 worth of healthy supplements, snacks, and tools to live a more vibrant life.
Imagine 6 months from now:
- Waking up full of energy, supple and strong, pain free.
- Playing with your kids effortlessly for hours. Holy shit that feels good!
- Choosing the stairs without hesitation and taking double steps without a problem.
- Going shirtless by the pool on vacation because you so much more confident in your body.
- Inspiring the people in your life to make positive changes in their lives.
If any of that sounds like something you want, let’s chat. Click below to set up a free 15-min consult to see if it’s a good fit for you.
Hope to talk to you soon,
NASM – CPT, PN2, FMS-2
If you have any questions, you can email me — Nick@saltwaterfit.com — and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.