Can you think of a food that’s more boring and bland than chicken breast? I know, it gets a bad rap. Ok, maybe white rice is more boring than chicken breast? I dunno, who cares anyway.
But today I offer you another way to look at the ‘ole chicken breast – as a healthy protein that is juicy, succulent, and full of flavor. Especially if you make it like this recipe below!
Here’s our favorite recipe for tasty, juicy chicken breast. Eat it with your favorites veggies, throw it on a salad, make some tacos, create a little mini sandwich, the options are endless!
All it takes is 5 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of cooking time. That’s it.
- 2 lbs of chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients into a ziplock bag. Let marinade for a minimum of 10 minutes. If you have more time, marinading for a few hours will definitely bring out more flavor. But at the very least, you want 10 minutes to let the flavor get into the chicken breast.
- Lay out baking sheet with aluminum foil. Coat with a splash of olive oil. Spread chicken breasts out on baking sheet. Give one more dusting of garlic powder, cayenne, and ginger over top of chicken breasts.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes. Make sure you place the baking tray on the middle rack of the oven. I like to set a timer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove from the oven. Find the thickest piece of chicken and cut into it to see the middle. If still a little pink, place back in oven for 3-5 minutes. If it is white, you are all set. You want to be careful with this – chicken breast has little to no fat which means it can become dry if overcooked.
Enjoy your juicy chicken breast.