If you’re looking to take your training to the next level and maximize fat burning, use metabolic finishers. All this means is that you perform full body exercises at near maximum effort for short bursts.
I wrote here a few months ago about why they can be so beneficial for a whole number of reasons. In short, training at this intensity will:
1) Burn a huge amount of calories in a short period of time.
2) Create a large “metabolic cost” which means the body will have to recover later (more calories burned while at rest).
3) Release hormones that promote fat burning in the body (ie, increased insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control).
Here’s one of my favorites, the sandbag slam, a great full body exercise that will torch body fat and leave you feeling great.
They are fun as hell too. Call me crazy, but there’s something quite therapeutic about slamming something into the ground repeatedly.
And let me tell you, if you’re annoyed or frustrated with someone or something, doing this move can completely change your state.
Trust me, it feels good!
How to Program Slams To Finish Your Workout
- Set a timer for 3 minutes.
- Perform 15 slams. Rest for 15 seconds.
- Repeat until 3 minutes is up.
I’m using the lighter Portable Kettlebell as a sandbag. It works really well, especially when you’re traveling or on the road.
After you complete your slams, I wanna know about it. Drop me a comment or head over to our Facebook page and let me know how many you got in!
Have a great day,