Today we want to share with you one of our favorite recipes. Lots of people have been asking for some of our staple recipes – what we eat day in and day out to stay lean, healthy, and vital. Well, when you ask you shall receive!
Let me introduce: Cauliflower Rice
A go to side of ours. It gives you the satisfaction of a traditional grain but it is actually carb friendly and a veggie – so better on the waistline. A few added benefits to the recipe:
- Minimal ingredients
It satisfies all of my recipe rules, so let’s get right to it. Cauli Rice A killer low carb alternative to rice.
- Prep time = 10 min.
- Cook time = 10-12 min.
- 1 large head or 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil (or butter)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a cheese grater cut and grate florets into a large bowl. A food processor makes things easier if you have one. If not, the grater works just fine. It should look something like this. Almost like a Cauliflower snow. 2. Heat the coconut oil or butter in a large pan on medium heat. 3. Put the grated cauliflower into the pan and leave for 5-7 minutes. 4. Toss the pan and flip the cauliflower pieces over.
5. Leave for another 5 minutes (until slightly golden).
6. Dice the cilantro and toss it in with the cauliflower. Mix it up well. 7. Serve the “rice” and enjoy. So now we want to hear from you. Do you like the cauli rice recipe? Would you like to see more recipe ideas? What’s your go to healthy recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay active and healthy,